1.25.2011

Winter feasts

DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0297.JPG
DSC_0304.JPG
DSC_0319.JPG
DSC_0322.JPG

One thing I appreciate about winter is all of the delicious food that's still around and how wonderful it feels to eat a warm meal when it's cold outside. Here are a few things I've been enjoying lately.

* lunch at La Carta De Oaxaca, home of Seattle's best guacamole and a fun salsa bar.
* herbed beets, carrots, turnips, parsnips, and sunchokes for roasting.
* number 25 off my 25 things list: oatmeal honey bread modified from this recipe (I used half whole wheat flour and only 1/3 cup honey since my farmers market honey is so potent). It was amazing. And I discovered that making bread is not so bad! It was very rewarding to watch it grow from various stages of mush into glorious loaves that tasted like heaven.
* sweet potato soup from my favorite soup recipe book.
* The lunch buffet at Flowers where everything is vegan and almost everything is fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. All those meals look really good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this post is made of delicious. I'll have to add La Carta de Oaxaca to my trip list next time in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete