12.28.2010

The Falls

DSC_0189.JPG
DSC_0202.JPG
DSC_0291.JPG
DSC_0295.JPG
DSC_0247.JPG
DSC_0213.JPG
DSC_0249.JPG
DSC_0251.JPG
DSC_0260.JPG
DSC_0287.JPG

On Friday I went to the falls with my dad and sister (other people call them Granite Falls, we are more familiar with them), which was one of my favorite childhood places. Amber and I skipped stones and played other rocks and water related games while my dad whistled and pondered nature. Being there for the first time in several years brought back all kinds of memories, like the time I found a smashed pumpkin on the rocks and tried to find all of its shiny orange pieces. And the time the water running slower so we ventured out farther than usual along the rocks and I fell into the water, which was shocking and cold but I was fine. And the time a high school boyfriend and I ate a picnic lunch near the water. So many good times at the falls.

2 comments:

  1. Your dad looks so young! I never imagined him looking like that. He should have a mustache and more grey hair and be scowly and gruff. And he should be wearing flannel...although maybe I'm just thinking of my dad...

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete