9.07.2010

San Fransisco

So, it's been a long time. I was super busy in August with two short California trips and moving to a new place and things like that and somehow I stayed away from this blog for over a month and I've missed it! I've also been slacking on my photo taking and I miss that too. I'm glad I got to spend some quality time with friends and family and got some nice summer time activities in, but I hope to get back into my old routines: taking photos every day, blogging, reading, cooking. Those are constants I like to have in my life.

DSC_0089.JPG
DSC_0216.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0121.JPG
DSC_0365.JPG

In early August I took a weekend trip to San Fransisco with three of my favorite people. It was a blast! The weather was all over the place, mostly foggy and windy but we had a few hours of beautiful sunshine. The hills reminded me of nightmares I have about driving, where I am driving up hills so steep I can't see the top and I eventually start rolling backwards. Luckily none of that happened in real life.

My favorite moments of the trip were when we were goofing off and enjoying delicious food together and there was plenty of both on this trip. We had an absolutely amazing meal at Mamacita, which included many margaritas, tamales, and the best tacos I've ever eaten. From their menu: "El Verano --- crispy vegetarian tacos with roasted squash, eggplant, green beans, cherry tomato & red pepper mole". Yum! I don't think I can go back to San Fran without going back to Mamacita.

I also loved wandering around and chowing down in Chinatown, shopping in the Haight Ashbury district, a fascinating photography exhibit at SF Camerawork by Jennifer Karady about Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans' experiences, and my favorite thing of all was the Sutro Baths. More on that later.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing pictures from SF. One of my favorite cities. So glad that you've had an exciting month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, I love these foggy shots of SF!

    ReplyDelete